I love Ghee! I discovered it at Whole Foods a couple of years ago and did some serious research on it! I found out that aside from being delicious it is extremely good for you!
- Has a high smoke point, making it safer to cook and sautée with.
- Safe for those with lactose sensitivies.
- Contains an essential short chain fatty acid that helps with detoxification and colon health.
- High in vitamins A, D, and E.
- Contains CLA, which can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Reduces inflammation.
Obviously I am not a Dr. and this is just a compilation of my personal research. Anyone with medical issues should definitely consult their physician prior to adding Ghee into their diet. With that being said, we add Ghee whenever we can. In addition to having a more rich and “butterier” flavor than butter, it has added health benefits. (Don’t get me wrong, our family is a huge supporter of everything butter).
- 1 loaf of bread. (I used an organic par baked bread from Natural Grocers)
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- Ghee (I used Fourth and Heart Garlic Ghee Butter)
Step 1: Slice the loaf in half and spread the ghee on both sides. Sprinkle the minced garlic on top.
Step 2: Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bread starts to brown.
Step 3: Remove the bread from the oven, sprinkle with oregano, and serve.